Due to the financial recession across the world, there is a massive layoff (recession) in various organizations. Millions of people are losing their jobs. All the famous companies of the world have laid off several people in one stroke. These include companies like Amazon, Google. This time Disney’s name was also included in the list of these companies. Disney laid off seven thousand workers in one blow.
Disney is a well-known name in the world of entertainment. As that company was also retrenched in this way, there was a panic in the entertainment world. Whose turn this time? Disney CEO Bob Iger said they made this decision to save $5.5 billion. At the same time, according to the company’s annual report, the rate of customer growth has also decreased. Retrenchment has been decided for these reasons.
< decoding="async" loading="lazy" class="alignnone -528353" src="https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-1-1350x900.jpg" ="recession " width="793" height="529" srcset="https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-1-1350x900.jpg 1350w, https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-1-1800x1200.jpg 1800w, https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-1-120x80.jpg 120w, https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-1-768x512.jpg 768w, https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-1-1536x1024.jpg 1536w, https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-1-2048x1366.jpg 2048w" sizes="(max-width: 793px) 100vw, 793px">
Zoom similarly laid off 1,300 workers last Wednesday. Earlier on Monday, Dell also announced more than 6,000 layoffs. The world is suffering from financial recession after Corona. Last January, several tech companies laid off around 50,000 workers. See which major companies have laid off workers in the last 6 months.
1. Zoom recently laid off 1,300 workers. They have laid off 15 percent of the company’s total workforce. CEO Eric Yuan made the announcement in a post on the company’s blog.
2. Dell Technologies laid off more than 6,000 workers on Monday. They want to lay off 5 percent of the global workforce. The company’s co-CEO Jeff Clarke told employees that the market is going through tough times. That is the reason for this decision.
< decoding="async" loading="lazy" class="alignnone -528356" src="https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-2.jpg" ="recession " width="792" height="528" srcset="https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-2.jpg 900w, https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-2-120x80.jpg 120w, https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-2-768x512.jpg 768w" sizes="(max-width: 792px) 100vw, 792px">
3. Edutech company Byjus has also laid off around 1500 employees. They are also said to have cut costs. Last October too, they laid off about 2,500 workers, or 5 percent of the workforce.
4. Meta can do the same. CEO Mark Zuckerberg had a meeting with the officials. It is known that they can also lay off. They laid off 13 percent of their workforce last November.
< decoding="async" loading="lazy" class="alignnone -528358" src="https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-4.jpeg" ="recession " width="791" height="445" srcset="https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-4.jpeg 560w, https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-4-142x80.jpeg 142w, https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-4-390x220.jpeg 390w" sizes="(max-width: 791px) 100vw, 791px">
5. Food delivery company Swiggy laid off 380 people in January. CEO Sriharsha Majety said that the growth rate in food delivery has slowed down. So they have taken this decision.
6. In January, Google’s parent company Alphabet laid off 12,000 workers. According to media reports, CEO Sundar Pichai gave the news to employees through a memo.
< decoding="async" loading="lazy" class="alignnone -528357" src="https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-3.jpg" ="recession " width="795" height="447" srcset="https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-3.jpg 640w, https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-3-142x80.jpg 142w, https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-3-390x220.jpg 390w" sizes="(max-width: 795px) 100vw, 795px">
7. Microsoft, one of the best software companies in the world, laid off 11,000 workers in January. 5 percent of the company’s workforce has been laid off. According to reports, they laid off 1,000 workers last October. The company also laid off workers in July last year.
8. Amazon also launched a massive layoff campaign in January. CEO Andy Jassy announced 18,000 layoffs worldwide. They laid off more than 1,000 workers in India alone. The company had paid five months’ salary in advance to the retrenched workers.
< decoding="async" loading="lazy" class="alignnone -528359" src="https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-5.jpg" ="recession " width="795" height="530" srcset="https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-5.jpg 1200w, https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-5-120x80.jpg 120w, https://.com/wp-content//2023/02/Recession-5-768x512.jpg 768w" sizes="(max-width: 795px) 100vw, 795px">
9. IBM Corp did the same in January. They laid off 3900 workers. They took this decision after failing to meet the annual target in the fourth quarter.
10. According to reports, Twitter may do the same this time. Elon Musk (Elon Musk) may already lay off 50 employees of Twitter’s production department. Musk laid off 7,500 workers after buying Twitter last October.