Besides, he said that under the new tax system, people who earn 9 lakh taka per year have to pay income tax of 60 thousand taka, instead of that they have to pay 45 thousand taka.
The list of new decisions made under the new tax regime is –
- Income tax is zero on income up to 3 lakhs
- 5 percent income tax on income between Tk 3 lakh to Tk 5 lakh
- 10 percent income tax on income between Rs.6 lakh and Rs.9 lakh
- 20 percent income tax on income between Tk 12 lakh to Tk 15 lakh
- Income tax is 30 percent for income above 15 lakhs
- However, under the new tax regime, the Center kept income up to 7 lakh rupees free of income tax by giving special exemptions.