paddy nursery (How to prepare paddy nursery): Paddy is the main crop of India. India ranks second in paddy production after China. basmati rice Talking about India, India is the largest exporter of Basmati paddy.
in India Paddy farming Pt. Occurs in the states of Bengal, Orissa, Bihar, Assam, Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh etc. Paddy farming requires more water. This is the reason that Paddy farming It is more in the coastal areas of the sea.
Paddy farming It starts from May itself. Because the farmers before the monsoon paddy nurserypaddy nursery) Let’s start preparing for.
For higher production of paddy, farmers have to face many challenges from field preparation to crop production. first of all paddy nursery Preparation is needed.
These days most of the farmers are preparing nurseries for paddy cultivation. Therefore it is most important that How to prepare paddy nursery?
farmer brothers, The Rural India Learn in this article of- How to prepare paddy nursery?
So let’s find out, What are the things to be kept in mind while preparing paddy nursery-
- Make paddy nursery by the last week of May or by the second week of June.
- Spread cow dung manure or compost manure on the field where paddy nursery is to be done.
- Do not let the water get waterlogged on the paddy nursery beds.
- For one hectare field, 800-1000 square meter space is sufficient for nursery.
- Make sure to treat the seeds to prevent seed borne diseases.
- For this, treat with one of the fungicides like Captan, Thiram or Carbendazim at the rate of 20 to 30 grams per kilogram of seed.
- Soak the seeds in water for 24 hours before spraying and keep them in heaps for 36 hours.
- If weeds are seen in the nursery, remove them immediately and destroy them.
- Spray 1.25 liters of Chloropyrophos 20 EC per hectare to prevent pests in the nursery.
- Take out the seedlings at the time of transplanting and keep the roots of the plants immersed in water.
- Transplant the seedlings on the same day they are removed from the beds.