Pre Matric Scholarship: The state has taken responsibility for pre-matric scholarship for fifth to eighth class students! –

The state government has taken over the pre-matric scholarship from the center for the benefit of the reserved class students. Recently the pre-matric scholarship for class V to VIII students which was given by the center has been discontinued. However, the state government has said that the state will grant these scholarships so that the students are not deprived. At the same time, the one-time scholarship for the purchase of books for OBC students studying from home will be increased from Tk 750 to Tk 800.

The state had earlier launched the ‘Eikyasree’ scheme for students from minority communities. Where currently there are about 45 thousand students. However, this time the state government is on the way to take special initiatives. Earlier, reserved class V to 10 students whose family income was less than Rs 2.5 lakh could participate in the pre-matric scholarship program run by the Centre. In that case, till now 75 percent of the scholarship was given by the center and the remaining 25 percent by the state. However, recently it has been informed that the center is stopping this scholarship from fifth to eighth class. Instead, this scholarship will be open for class 9 and 10. But this time the state has said that the state will take full responsibility of running the respective scholarship program for the students of class V to VIII. Adequate funds will be allocated for this in the next financial year’s budget.

Read more: NET PG Exam Application Process Begins

Students belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, OBCs and other Backward Classes are eligible for this scholarship. In that case, among the eligible students, students studying from home will be given 225 taka per month, residential students will be given 525 taka per month for ten months. Besides, according to the sources, among these two types of students who used to get Rs 750/- and Rs 1000/- for the cost of buying books, the scholarship of students who get Rs 750/- will be increased to Rs 50. The state has taken this decision keeping in mind that no difficulty should be created in the studies of the eligible reserved class students.

Leave a Comment